The CRAZINESS that is my life

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm not dead...

Hello all, I'm not dead, just busy...

I have been doing so much with School and with School... it seems like I might go crazy sometimes...

Let me give you all a taste of what I've been dealing with recently with regards to group work...

So a group member posts a "paper" on discipline in schools for our current project. I notice, there are no citations or references listed... I mention this fact and he replies, ooohhh, I'll list my references and re post... TWO DAYS LATER, the same "paper" is posted, still no citations, but three web sites listed at the bottom - www.teacherinfo.com, www.phoenix/library/schooldiscipline.edu (this site doesn't even exist) and www.drphil.com...
Now I know Dr Phil is a Dr and all... but COME ON.... AND To top it all off, he didn't even reference the specific story or episode where the information came from on either teacherinfo or drphil... just the main website...

(This is all coming the week after I had to tell my group member wikipedia is not a reputable source...)

I feel like I'm working with idiots, they are worse than my high school students!!!

enough ranting... just wanted to let you all know I'm still around... and it's situations like these that keep me from posting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Viki said...

Your first few classes will be like that - like, the first 5 or 6.

You won't believe that somehow some of these people actually successfully completed undergraduate degrees. Many of them are complete morons. Others are people who think that they can do an online degree in their "spare time" even though they have 2 jobs and are single parents with 3 kids, which isn't too bad for you unless you have to do a group project with them.

Call me if you need to vent.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home