The CRAZINESS that is my life

Friday, December 01, 2006

so kitty is a boy...

So after a trip to the vet today, we found out that my little kitty is actullay a boy.. according to his wieght he's about three and half months old!

so now were deciding on a new name for kitty... I want fritz... and Jonathan wants sachmo (something about louis armstrong)... What are your thoughts???

Also, he seems to be having some difficulty locating the litter box all the time, but hopefully we'll get this thing nipped in the butt before it causes real problems...

any suggestions (viki's friends who gave her help with her kitty worm problem...)

and now I have to go because we have a bunch of people over to play with our new kitty and drink... lets just hope they don't give the kitty beer!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger TreyJ said...

Usually you nip something in the "bud," and not the "butt."

I like satchmo...cool name :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

He is so cute!!!
I think I like the name Fritz.. both are fun, but for some reason "satchmo" seems hard to say (maybe it's just me, haha) :O)
Have fun with him!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

I love Satchmo!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddy and Katie suggest Shadow as a name for the kitty.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I vote for Satchmo! What a great name for a kitty!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both the names.. fritz is fun and satchmo is different. As for your litter problems? It's definitely something you'll want to take care of right away. You should try to keep him in the area with the litter box for a day or two.. then gradually increase his "roaming" area. Most of the time you don't want to give them free run of the apartment right away.. especially if they are having potty problems. There are always a ton of other ways to get him to find the litter box .. but I'm sure you're already aware of them all. If you have any questions.. you know I'm the all-knowin in the pet arena.. ;-)
On a side note.. I can't wait to visit you in Chicago!!!!!!!!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both the names.. fritz is fun and satchmo is different. As for your litter problems? It's definitely something you'll want to take care of right away. You should try to keep him in the area with the litter box for a day or two.. then gradually increase his "roaming" area. Most of the time you don't want to give them free run of the apartment right away.. especially if they are having potty problems. There are always a ton of other ways to get him to find the litter box .. but I'm sure you're already aware of them all. If you have any questions.. you know I'm the all-knowin in the pet arena.. ;-)
On a side note.. I can't wait to visit you in Chicago!!!!!!!!

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally sorry for posting that twice.. lol

3:06 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

I like Fritz

Mom

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walter says "Mergatroid" - "mer" for short. Nicky says "Darth Vader" - "vader" for short. Joey says "Felix". Amy says she likes Satchmo. There are your votes from NC.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Mamma Sarah said...

Both names are cool, but remember to keep it short so you can reprimad pretty quickly when kitty misbehaves.

As far as litter goes... there is a fantastic kitty litter on the market to help. It has some scent in it that attracts the cat to the box. We had to get this after Schroeder associated the box with pain (what a mess that was) due to UT problems. It's called Cat Attract (Dr. Elseys - it's in a red bag). PetsMart sells it with all the other litter products. It's a little more expensive than other stuff, but we've been using it for years with no accidents or problems so we'll never switch. THe cool thing is that each bag comes with a $1 off coupon for the next time. Hope that helps. :-D

3:41 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

The eight people I had dinner with this evening all vote for Fritz.

Mom

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote for Tinte or Kleine Liebe (Little Love)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

alright, thanx all for your votes... and the cat's name is.....

SATCHMO... (mo for short)

his collar tag has been engraved and all so no going back now!!!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ideas for satchmo- make sure the litter box is always clean (some cats are finicky about that). Some cats have substrate issues, so an alternative such as newspapers or puppy potty pads may work (might want to incorporate some baking soda as they don't have the odor protection of traditional kitty litters). Make sure the cat has no problem getting into the litter box (some of them are just too high for kittens, often the ones with lids). With a multilevel home/townhome/apt/etc there should be at least one litter box per floor, and keeping the cat closed in with the litterbox for a while should help him find it again. He should be neutered, for many reasons. If he has peed on the carpets it MUST be taken care of quickly, otherwise he may return to those spots...nature's miracle works well (its expensive, but it works, making it better than most other pet spot cleaners) Even if it looks/smells clean to you, he shouldn't think it reminds him of his personal bathroom.

P.S...if you've never tried it before, i highly suggest you put a little piece of scotch tape on the bottom of his feet and watch him walk and shake his feet...very funny, especially if you're drinking.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home