The CRAZINESS that is my life

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Not much to post about...

So monday night there was a basketball game at Brehm, which meant no study hall and fast forword was earlier... therefore Jonathan and I took advantage and went to the Rec Center before 9pm... we decided to play Raquetball... which was fun, but apparently I have an internal raquetball magnet because the ball was constantly gravitating towards me, no matter how I hit it... I eve got SMACKED in the eye with a ball straight from jonathan's raquet... IT HURT... but luckily I had my glasses on, so i don't have a black and blue eye, just a little pink bump right on the eyebrow (so it's hardly noticable) from the glasses frame...

We went again last night (because there was another basketball game...) I think i'm getting better, because I got hit far less with the ball :) I did pull my butt muscle witch made it harder to play, but I sucked it up!!!

The funny part of yeturday was that I was looking out towards the rest of the rec center (through the glass wall) and I saw a guy carryring a fencing case... I RUN out of the court and start talking to him... he was a little taken back... and giving me the "you're crazy" look, but I followed him and talked to the president of the fencing club... and they practice tuesdays and thursdays from 8:30-10... and while they all look to be beginers (from what I saw.... I stayed till about 9 and most of them were still standing around talking...) but it'll be good to at least fence again!!! the best aprt is that they don't look like total geeky nerds!!! A lot fo the club teams that were at meets while i was at OSU were all made up of very WEIRD geeky nerds... who while in college thought it was COOL to all wear Rainbow colored or tiedied socks... or who carred around a stuffed chicken all day long... so i was a little hesitant to contact the SIU fencing club, but they look like fairly normal people... I've decided to bring my stuff back after turkey day and see how a few practices go between now and x-mas... it can't hurt to try a couple of practices... :) plus i'll be able to FENCE, even if it's REALLY bad people i'm fencing... it's something!!!

I think that's all the exciting news I have for the day...

3 Comments:

Blogger Viki said...

I'm so happy that you've found the fencers!!!! I've been a little worried about your losing that part of your life while living in Carbondale - and yes, maybe they won't be the best, but you'll still be doing it. :-)

As for Raquetball - I'm terrified of it. Something about a little ball flying directly at me very quickly is not my idea of fun. Here's a tip, though - buy some goggles!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin, you need to stay away from the sports that use balls. Was it Basketball or Vollyball where you gave yourself whiplash? Stick to the pointy things they work better for you.

Love ya!

4:18 PM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

LOL @ godi's comment! :-)

Great to see that you're back with some fencers!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home