update on the past weekend!!!
so this past weekend was Alexis's Birthday :) she had a party at her house, and even though it was a bit boring... she's a good friends plus I got to eat 7 layer Taco Dip AND cake!!! :)
Other than that it was move-out weekend for Jonathan's brother at SIU, and I was supposed to help with that, but apparently Jae doesn't have a whole lot of stuff and they finished before I got there... We did go out to dinner at the lodge friday night and I got me some GOOD fried chicken... I was dissapointed beacuse I didn't really want fried chicken, but they were serving their limited menu and it was chicken, ribs or fish... and I don't like fish, and didn't want ribs more than I didn't want chicken so chicken it was... Jae ended up ating some because I got 4 peices... and then I took some home and it was good the next day too :)
Saterday we went out to breakfast at Denny's and then Jae and his girl left... I tutored Luke for a bit and then the cohens and I headed out to Paducha KY... We went b/c Mrs. C. wanted to see the national quilting museum, but apparently on the second saterday of every month there's a big hoopla in Paducha so it cost $5 to get in, and we decided on NOT going in...
Then we walked around and went into a bunch of antique stores (some of them more random junk rather than antiques...) I think the BEST thing I saw for sale HADE to be a jar of buttons for $5... just plain old buttons in a plain ol' jar... nothin special... and in the same store... they had a huge bowl of buttons $1 for a scoop!!! What is so antique about buttons... seriously!!! One of the stores had some toys from my youth and I got excited... and Jonathan thought I was a dork, but it was excitign for me!!!
I did mange to find a couple of things for presents for people... but it was mostly in the artisan shops where things were new and hand made :) VIKI... i've ALREADY got your x-mas present!!! :) Godski, I got part of yours too!!! :)
In Paducha we ate in a restaurant called C.C. Cohen's... and Mr. cohen was trying to be funny saying, hey... don't we get a discount... the Cohen discount... it was funny at first, but after a while it got kinda old and a bit annoying... If I was our waitress I would have been like DUDE buddy... get over it, you don't get a discount!!!
after Paducha it was a quite evening for me and Jon, watching some TV and bumbin around not doing much...
Sunday wasn't too eventful... just Tutoring Luke, and stiching aside from breakfast at Panara with the rent's in law... (which they refused to let us pay, even though it was mother's day...)
That's the weekend for you...
something to look forward... a RECAP of BREHM SCIENCE DAY... i'm waitin for the pictures to post about it :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home