I'm a horrible person, but i'm bloggin now..
there's a lot to catch you all up on, but i'll start slow... and post more throughout the week :)
I'm home in chicago for the next three weeks... Tomorrow is our bridal shower and then in two weeks... that right 14 days... is our wedding :) YAY YAY AND YAY!!!
but now to go back in time to LAST weekend... I started hard core packing cause we're switching apartments next week (good luck to Jonathan who has to all the rest of the stuff on his own...)
Last weekend by Rabbit hit the 5,000 mile mark, so it was time to get an oil change... So I took my car into walmart (i know it seems odd to go there, but there aren't a whole lotta places to go around carbondale...) well I drop my car off and they tell me it's about a 45 in wait... no problem Jonathan and I have other things we need to do... I come back later and they tell me my car is too new and they don't have the right filter for it... I need to go out and buy the filter and then bring y car back... So out to advanced auto parts it is... they don't have the filter in stock either... so they call another place out in murphysboro (one city over) and YEAH they have it, but it's $13... So we call walmart back.. if we bring in a filter how much does that alter the price of an oil change??? "I think we take 1.97 off..." "WHAT... it's a $13 filter..." so the guy puts e on hold while he speaks with his manager... "Umm sorry mam' we don't do volkwagens..." Ummm ok... you couls have told me this 2 hours ago and NOT taken y car for an hour and then sent me out to buy one... (anyway I've lost the very limited respect I did have for walmart... dumbasses!!!) So we drive out to the place that has the filter anyway... it's gotta be changed... and they tell me that they can do he oil change on monday and it'll be $30... so ok I make an appontment for monday... come monday I get there and the oil change takes FOREVER... and when all is said and done the oil change bill says $47 and some change and i'm like WHAT!!!! and they guy gave me a couple of breaks (they charge for labor, the filter and the oil... and he took a little off each one...) and it was still $37 and some change (mind you this is the SAME guy that qouted me $30... he said, well I didn't know your car took over 6 quarts of oil (which is only 1.3 more than a regular 5 quart oil change... not 17 worth of oil...) so needless to say Jonathan will be changing my oil from now on... because I can pretty much guess that I won't get those discounts again and there is NO WAY IN HELL i'm paying almost $50 for an oil change!!!!
alright that's it for tonight it's WAAAAAYYYYY past my bed time and I'm going to sleep!!!


4 Comments:
Wow - sucks to be in Carbondale...
I didn't realize oil changes cost LESS than $50....(that's what it cost years ago when I owned an Explorer)
I'm not sure what it costs on my car now...hmm. It gets changed just once a year (I'd think the same for a rabbit, actually, being a VW and all).
If you go to the VW dealership, it costs $24.95...I've got the maintanence package, though, so I get it free for the first 5 years...
What a hassle!
Post a Comment
<< Home