The CRAZINESS that is my life

Thursday, January 24, 2008

over a month later...

so I'm not a very good blogger, but I have reasons... after the Europe trip things were crazy with x-mas and then we weren't home very long before traveling to Danville for New Year's eve with Brent... We had a blast, it was fun yet relaxing at the same time... watching movies, playing games, and watching Brent get drunk ;) he he he

When we got back to Carbondale we spent a good day and a half deep cleaning the apartment and moving stuff around to accommodate all the lovely x-mas presents we got!!! :) However, the internet was down, but our neighbors (who we steal internet from) weren't around to call and complain that the internet was down so we had to deal with it. Well they're back and it's still in and out all the time so I've given up even trying at home until I know it's up (and when it's up Jonathan will let me know... he tries every day, multiple times...) Lately at work I've been crazy busy trying to get my physics class all planned out. I have three textbooks, one lab manual ,but no teacher additions of anything and no worksheet books or anything like that, so everything the kids do, not only do I have to make it all up, but I also have to DO it, to get the answers... It's not hard, it's just time consuming, so even though the internet is here, I don't have the time to go and blog much... I'm taking a day off of physics during fast forWord to blog tonight though :)

So onto the rest of our honeymoon... after Salzburg we drove up to Marklt and spent the rest of our trip with Uncle Sep and Tante Suzy and family!!! They fed us well, and tried to talk mostly English for Jonathan's sake (and a little mine too...) On Friday Laslo got off work early and we picked him up and Heidi, Jonathan, Laslo and I went into Marktl. We ate at the Hoffbrau haus, and despite my spagehtti choice last time I was there, I ate German food!!! For desert, Heidi and Laslo said we had to try a Dampf noodle (Laslo's translation is a big dough ball!!! in vanilla sauce). Well I said ok I'll try one, but there is NO WAY I can eat the whole thing, I'm already really stuffed... but every they all ordered something different so I got my own Dampf noodle which ended up being about the size of a baby's head... it was HUGE!!! I didn't eat the whole thing but it did taste good :)
We also went shopping a bit and I got a new Dirndle (a German dress for those non Germans...) and Jonathan bought a bomber jacket (he says it's not a bomber jacket, but that's the only way I can think to describe it...) and we bought random souvenirs for others... including Tony's much coveted Bayern Munchen jersey!!! :)

The rest of the time with the family was great as well, I learned A LOT about Uncle Sep's and my Otta's history, which was actually really fascinating... There seemed to be quite a bit of talking over food... and the food and cookies and cake just kept coming... :) It was good to see everyone again, and I'm glad the Jonathan got to meet them all too...

The flight home was uneventful... I'll have plenty of pictures from the hundreds we took as soon as Jonathan burns me a disc with them all... (they're on his computer and I keep asking, he just keeps forgetting...) I'll post them soon!!!

I guess that's all for now... I'll try to post more often... i promise :)

3 Comments:

Blogger TreyJ said...

Thanks for posting! :) We were afraid Carbondale had been severed from the rest of the world.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Kristin, Please proof read. I thought you went into Munich, with Heidi and Laslo, and the last time I looked, the Hofbrau Haus was in Munich not in Marktl. So what happeneded between Insbruck and Salzburg?

Love ya,Mom

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kristin,
If you need any physics stuff, I have a bunch made on my computer and have good internet resources. Just let me know what you need! Beth :-)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home