The CRAZINESS that is my life

Sunday, February 25, 2007

not much to tell...

This weekend was anything but exciting...

I've been hanging out with Alexis pretty much all weekend, and Jonathan went and did his own things... but Alexis and I had a pretty good time!!!

She conviced me to start running on the track with her instead of just on the eliptical machines... I thought I was going to die, but I managed to do alright! Yesterday we ran a whole mile, but with walking laps in between... today however we ran a whole mile straight, and then walked a little bit and ran another half mile!!! now I know running a single mile doesn't seem like much but for me actual running is hard... give me and eliptical machine I can run 3-5 miles before i get tired, but when it's me on the groung... i don't know I just can't go that fast or that far... Maybe I did so well because I've been on the eliptical machines pretty consistenly recently, who knows... but I'm hoping that by the end of the school year, she and I will be able to run a couple of miles straight and then I'll be ready to RUN the lupus 5K this year!!! :)

Other than that we sat around and watched Friends and cross stiched... nothing too spectacular other than hanging out and talking... Alexis is doing better and it's good for her to get out of her house even if it just to come over to my place!!! besides I like having the company when Jonathan is off at basketball games or playing paintball, or whatever else it is that he does...

On a completely different note, Jonathan and I went to mass this morning, and I have to say this cantor was much more tolerable the ones from the past few weeks... lets hope he starts doing more of the masses!!! :)

well that's all for now... TTFN!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that running is going well for you. I think it would be awesome for you to run in the Lupus 5K...its an awesome goal if you want to pursue it. And once you meet your goal, you can come to Ohio and encourage me to start running...I know I need some motivation to get started for my training academy...

7:50 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

hey kristin...it's good to hear that you have started running. I'm like you. I can go on the machies for like 3 or 5 miles but when it comes to actually running on the track I can only do about 1 mile and then i'm dead. i really need to start to run again. hopefully in the spring I will find time to make it to the rpac everyday to start running again. We have weight lifting MWF from 10-12, but I'm going to be having my one TC class from 10-12:18 so i'm going to have to try to work out on my own...anywho...i miss ya alot and i can't wait to see you when u come for jen's wedding. how long are you staying after the wedding is over? i hope u stay for a little bit since i will be in detriot for fencing...well ttyl...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Viki said...

I never thought of hopping on the elliptical as running - it's what I do when I don't want to do a video, but can't muster up the energy to hop on the treadmill. As for a mile sounding not like a lot, if you're not used to running, it can seem like forver. Keep it up, though, and you'll be ready for that 5K in no time. I'll run with you. :-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

i know that we r fencing on the 10th so we are leaving on friday. we will probably drive back after we r done on the 10th. since the regional qualifers r in detriot that's not too far of a drive...i can't wait to see ya, i miss you sooo much!!!

7:44 PM  
Blogger ~~*Patty*~~ said...

No worries sweetie!! I don't snore and neither do the furkids! We'll be the only ones here!!! No house rattling snorers are invited during the days you're here!! ;-) By the way.. how long is it that you are staying? You need to write it down for me so I won't forget!! I'm ditzy, remember ;-)

11:55 PM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

Ugh. Running. Ugh.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

whoes slacking now on posting new blogs???...can't wait to see ya!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home