Ups and Downs...
Before Thrusay afternoon I thought this weekend ws going to be a GREAT one... but that all changed...
My friend got dumped, or more officially is "on a break" with her boyfriend, but she's been really upset about it all weekend... I've been trying to console her and get to smile a bit... Jonathan, who's friends with they guy was spending time with him, because he was apparently upset about the fight/break thing as well (even though it was his idea)...
Well by yesturday I had Alexis laughing and smiling and having a good time!!! after having a rather ordinary afternoon getting all her laundry and dishes done, she came over and we dicided to go out for dinner to sort of celebrate my birthday. We went out for Asian food at the Asian Bistro in Marion... It was SOOOO good, and we ha lots of fun trying to teach Alexis how to use chopsticks... After dinner we went to the Larget Walmart in the nation that just opened across the street... alexis and I played in the toy section making all the noisy toys go and Jonathan and our roomate Jim played on the x-box in the elcetronics section...
We had planed on eating icecream and watching the guardian when we got home, but when it was almost 10 when we got back, we all knew that if we tried to watch the guardian we'de fall asleep because we were all tired... so instead we baked some cookies for the superbowl party, still ate icecream and watched the end of remember the titans on cable...
Now all is back to hell, because Alexis' roomates who were throwing a party at her place got her piss ass drunk last night and she went to Ben's and things got worse instead of better, so she's back in the sad upset state... hopefully, I'll get her to come out to the superbowl party... we'll see what happens...
I guess the only bad part about all this for me is I feel that I'm not doing a good job of comforting her... I've never been through a big break-up... I don't know what it's like... so I feel like I'm not really helping at points... or that I'm not saying the right thing...
Well I guess the only thing thats left this weekend is the Bears game!!!
so GO BEARS!!!


3 Comments:
I think you're doing well - Alexis' roommates getting her drunk wasn't good, though. Well, getting drunk's not really the problem, it's what happens when people get drunk (she went to Ben's) that's the problem...
Go Bears!
I'm curious about this Larget Walmart. Is it French?
Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you do... people are still going to be upset. You can't help where their mind wonders off to and what memories they think up. Don't get down on yourself! I'm sure you're doing an awesome job! Just showing you care is great!
Post a Comment
<< Home