The CRAZINESS that is my life

Monday, June 26, 2006

finding tTHE dress!!!

So Viki, mom and I went dress shopping yesturday evening!!!
I had TONS of fun!!!

I tried on a LOT of dresses at bride's mart and found a lot of nice dresses!!! There were two that were on the top of the list, but there is one that REALLY stands out against the rest of them!!! It's exciting to find something so perfect!!! I still have to decide on a bride's maids dress and the color, but that'll be in july when hopefully I can get everyone together to go shopping!!! I think i'm pretty set on having tea length dresses, and I want it to be a dress that everyone can wear again!!! So I want my bride's maid and I to choose the dress and the color together... (well I have the ultimate VETO power... but you get the idea...)

At the end of the evening we stopped at House of bride... we had like 35 minutes until the store closed, and I tried a couple of dresses on, there was one there that I really liked, but My sister informed me that with my idea of a winter themed wedding, it wouldn't really work (and yes, I'm planning a winter themed wedding in june!!!) and on our way out we stopped in the extra prom dress section.... and let me tell you we need to go back with a camera and take some pictures for uglydresses.com they were THAT bad... or as my mother said... they're not just ugly they're Fugly!!! love you mom ;) (my mom got a bit crazy at house of brides picking out all the most bazar wedding dresses she could find!!!)

So newho... I didn't BUY the dress yet b/c my mom wanted me to sleep on it and make sure it was the dress I wanted... and she wanted me to try another store or two before i make it final, but i'm almost positive that i won't find anything else better!!! but when i'm home in July we're gonna look at a couple more places and then put a deposit down on the dress if i don't find anything better (which i think is imposible... but it is a sensible way to go!!!)


SO on a totally different note... I MOVE TO CARBONDALE TOMORROW!!! i'm gettin up early and headin out hopefully to be in carbondale by lunchtime... then i can move all my shit into the apartment and get settled a bit before jonathan comes home from work!!! (well that's the plan anyway...)

our phone line isn't getting put in until Friday, and then after it's up and running they'll send out our modem... and with the holiday weekend, it might take a while... so i don't know when we'll have internet working... so don't get to pissed if i don't write for a while!!!

for now that's it... hope all is well everywhere else in the world!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mamma Sarah said...

Wedding dress shopping is so much fun and stressful at the same time. A suggestion for bridesmaid dresses - maybe allow the girls to select different dresses/styles that are similar, but were all the same color. The best wedding I was in we all got to pick different ones (this was Karen's wedding so Viki should know what I'm talking about). Just an idea. :-)

9:44 PM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

Oh we'll definitely get pissed if you don't post - but we'll understand!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

quite exciting! i remember when i bought my wedding dress- i think it was more emotional for my parents actually!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Viki said...

We'll miss you in Chicago, but I'm glad we'll be in the same state again...it's been what - 9 years since we've both lived in Illinois?

I love that dress, too!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Hope moving went well and that you're lovin' your new apartment... Oh, and finally being in the same town as your man, not to mention the same apartment!! HOORAY!! I'm so happy for you :O)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

So how's life in Carbondale?

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home