The CRAZINESS that is my life

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm a teacher!!!

So i'm not sure if I blogged about becoming an official teacher yet, and rather than reading all my old blogs, I'll just tell you again or now...

So for the first period of the day I'm an official teacher :) I have my own class and I'm in charge!!! I'm really excited about it too!!! I'm kinda starting from scratch with the class though so it's been a bit CRAZY and time consuming... I don't exactly like the way the science teacher teaches so I'm doing it all my own way... Plus, I have the "higher" group of kids so I get to run the class pretty much like a regular high school class so we'll go quite a bit faster!!! This first semester is Chemistry... and we're having tons of fun already... we're only in week two and I have their first lab planned for Thursday!!! :) They get to play with "kitchen chemicals" and see how they react with one another!!! The second semester is Physics and I'm still looking for a text book, and that really will be TOTALLY from scratch because it'll be the FIRST brehm physics class!!! (if I'm good I think next year I'll get a whole year of Physics!!!) the only problem is that the budjet is tight so I'm gonna have to do make shift physics labs since there really isn't much money get all the fun lab equipment... :(

newho... with school starting last week I've been busy not only getting the scheduals finished with Terri... the later or my summer tasks, but also planning for the class that I was given like a week and a half before school started... so I didn't have too much time to prepare... I know it was only one class... but I really want to do it well and prove myself, and then maybe I'll be able to teach more next year!!! and earn more money!!!

Aside from school and working there hasn't been much going on... Friday night Jenn and Johny came over for game night!!! We had TONS of fun playing Cranium, Taboo, the Castle (a fun two player game - Jenn and I played while the boys played Halo), and then some DDR - Jenn's not to good at this but hopefully she'll get better... But it was TOTALLY SO MUCH FUN!!! Jon and Johny totally beat me and Jenn in Cranium, but only by one card (and they went first so if we would have had another turn who knows...) Then Jon and I wooped Jenn and Johnt in Taboo... and then we switched it up... Jenn and I wooped Jon and Johny too :) (I'm frickin AWESOME at taboo!!!) I cannot WAIT for another game night, and hopefully we'll have a couple more people and get REALLY CRAZY!!!

Alright, well I guess that's enough new information for now... I cannot guarantee that i'll be a better blogger, but I'll try... I will have to blog about Leslie's visit... because she's comin to carbondale tomorrow!!! YEAH FOR LESLIE COMING!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Viki said...

Congrats! *clapping furiously*

Have a great time with Leslie!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Let me know if you need any ideas for physics. I teach about "waves, sound, and light" and "motion and forces". I also ahve a cool site for the scientific method. Maybe we can share stories sometime. :-)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home