The CRAZINESS that is my life

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bustin cars out of the ice...

So Monday at noon an ice storm began, and it was ice and then snow and ice and then snow all afternoon and evening... (the internet called it a wintery mix...) So Brehm called off afternoon classes so that staff and faculty could get home before the roads got REALLY bad... and it did get REALLY bad... Yesterday because the roads were all still icy (Carbondale doesn't start shoveling/salting until the snow stops according to Jonathan) so Brehm had a snow day... so I got to stay home all day. I got to watch all the idiots trying to get into their ice covered cars...

Jonathan used the ice scraper, and while it took him about 20-30 minutes to get in, he managed to do it all with the ice scraper... then there were the neighbors using various odds and ends... There were buckets of hot water and hammers being used, screw drivers, and even the butt end of a maglight flashlight... I was just waiting for someone to bust their wind shield or dent their car. and then once these people got their cars de-iced, or partially de-iced they then tried to drive, and mind you our parking lot is about 3-4 inched of ice... and their cars are stuck in it... so so many of them got stuck and had to be pushed only to keep getting stuck... people just aren't that bright... Today we have school so I don't get to watch everyone trying to get their cars out again, but I'm sure it'll still be mass chaos... my little rabbit is still covered in ice, and I'm just gonna leave it that way until it warms up a bit... Jonathan's car is set to go, so we'll be fine... we never both have to go somewhere anyway...

There is a chance of the same weather Friday night... but the weekend is supposed to be warmer so even if it hits again, it'll be gone over the weekend...

I guess that's all for now...

2 Comments:

Blogger Viki said...

A hammer? Yeah, that person is just asking for a busted windshield. Glad you live close enough to work to walk, although I can't imagine walking is any good at this point...

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful on all of the ice. I'm speaking from personal experience! It can be REALLY dangerous.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home