The CRAZINESS that is my life

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I year has come and gone....

So I've been married for 1 year (and 1 day now...)

The weekend prior to our anniversary was a nice one... Friday night we went over to one of Jonathan's professors for dinner, she and her husband made us Gnochi... which was AWESOME... and we ended up staying over and just talking about random stuff all evening... It was kinda nice to have a dinner outing with another couple :)

Saturday Jonathan FINALLY broke out his xbox 360... and started playing games... I went to a pool party with some work friends, and swam all afternoon!!! Afterwards I had a relaxing evening at home while Jonathan played x-box I read wicked... (which I finally picked up again after loosing my copy of the book in Europe... and I'm just now getting to the part were I stopped reading before...)

Sunday, Jonathan and I cleaned up a bunch in the morning... rode our bikes for a while - to Kroger and the mall - and then I continued to organize some of our more random stuff while he finished up the final corrections on his thesis, and I honestly can't even remember what we did in the evening after dinner???

Monday was LOVELY!!! We both had to go to work, but we went out to lunch with a friend to a mexican place... and had fun with Jenn :) then after work I ran to Walmart to pick up some streamers to decorate our apartment with... year one is paper... so I got "paper" steamers... Jonathan thought it was cute :) and then I got all dolled up to go out to dinner. Originally we had planned to go to a really fancy upscale place... but the two that are within an hour of Carbondale are closed on Mondays... so we decided on Ruby Tuesdays in Marion... not too upscale or fancy but not a place we go regularly... I had Steak and Shrimp Scampi with a baked potato and rice pilaf... YUMMY :) Jonathan had a big steak with portabelo mushrooms and broccoli and mashed potatoes... also Yummy... and we even got the salad bar and fancy fruity drinks and we were still under $60... (plus we got way more food than a fancy place...) so I guess next year when our anniversary doesn't fall on a Monday we'll go to a fancier place... After dinner we stoped at blockbuster to get a movie and Kroger to pick up some dessert that we could eat while cuddling up on the couch watching the movie... all in all it was a nice evening, nothing to fancy, but that's more us anyway... :)

Today it's back to work... and who knows what we've got planned for the rest of the week...

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm late. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a great day!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year already. Happy Anniversary! LOL (Lots of Love).

12:40 PM  
Blogger Viki said...

I'm late saying something, too...sorry! And I'm sorry I didn't send a card, but I did think of you guys all day. :-)

2:50 PM  
Blogger TreyJ said...

Here I am, really late! Happy Anniversary!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

And more than a month has come and gone since your last blog entry!!!!!!! You need to blog soon or I will delist you!

Love ya, Mom

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home