OH THE CRAZINESS OF BEING HOME...
First off, the craziness began before we got home. We left Carbondale about 7ish... stop in Mt. Vernon for gas... "Jonathan, where did you put my purse?" his response: "I didn't touch your purse, where did you put it?" My eyes get big, "I don't know," as I tear apart the car looking... 5 minutes later I come to the realization that I left it back in Carbondale. After calling walgreens, we learned it would be cheaper to drive back to C-dale than to pay for a weekend supply of my meds... so back to c-dale we went... 5 miles before our exit, we get stuck in 2mph traffic because of nightly lane closures due to the rebuilding of the ramps at our exit... so we finally get home grab my purse and start all over again at about 10:30ish... needless to say we got home at about 4am... so tired we were...
So the next day it's snowing, but Jonathan still want to go out and about and get a bunch of stuff done... we go to both banks to change my name and add him onto my accounts, we went to Bed Bath & Beyond ot buy a rug for out hall way, the tile is soooo cold... we went to REI to use his dividen money and his 20% off coupon!!! We went to volkwagen to get touch-up paint, but they didn't have any in my color so I'll have to go in next time I'm home... and then we went to the grocery store to buy all the fixins for easter brunch!!!
in the evening we had dinner with the Cohens and dyed easter eggs... It was lots of fun because Mrs. Cohen (senior) has some interesting tecniques for dying easter eggs, and also has a tendency to make all her eggs turn out to be a very olive drab in color... Jonathan and I had fun with these stamper things... Mrs. Cohen saves all the extra egg stuff from year to year... so she has about 20 million of those wire things, along with tons of stuff to decorate your eggs... then when I got home, CASEY was there!!! so happy to see me, so we went out for a long walk!!! after which I did laundry...
Saturday morning I got up to take the cans in to the recycling place.. and then I went off with my mom to the x-stitch store in crystal lake... It's an evil place... so many cute thing I want to get and stitch... if only i had the money (and the time...) Then it was home and dinner with momma!!! after which we went out to Marks. We went with him and Karen to the Chicago Storm indoor soccer game!!! The storm got spanked... 0-13... but there was a concert after the game at it was Sister Hazel... so that made the event 20million times better!!! :)
Sunday was easter... We went to church to hear Viki sing... I realized I'm a trouble girl when in church with Tony... normally I'm a good girl, but sitting next to him we were goofing off the whole time... I know how horrible that is... we're both going to hell... newho... Viki was up in the loft, and as i was walking to communion I looked back, there was a pause in the singing so I stuck my tounge out at her, and she totally saw, and did the same right back... momma was not so happy with me, but I was smiling!!! I love my sister!!! Brunch at momma's house was yummy!!! and after eating we ran out to get to Jonathan's family... Luckily they had already eaten when we got there so we didn't have to eat twice in an hour and a half, but we did get to spend time with the little kids... coloring and playing. I love getting to see them, and wish we were closer to see them more... but I'll take what I can get!!! :)
now I'm back in c-dale.. workin... the rest of the week should go by fast though, since there are no classes... it's Achievement testing week so most of the kids get to go on hikes and stuff and I get to go with!!! :)
more later


7 Comments:
I'm glad you came to church and stuck your tongue out at me. I love you, too. :-)
So, why did you need touch-up paint for your car?
Sticking your tongue out at someone in church, seems rather sacreligious......
What if you're receiving communion? :-p
**thud***
I believe you went to the Storm game with your brother-in-law, too, but who's counting?
Someday I will write a blog entry titled "The Craziness of Having Kristin Home".....
Don't just do a blog post...you could do an entire book, with several sections including 1) Preparations for Kristin's homecomings, 2) Craziness during the vist, and 3) The Aftermath.
:-) I love you Kristin.
Post a Comment
<< Home