Missing a trip to Florida... and other news
So two weeks ago, Leslie called me and asked if I wanted to go with her to Florida... I was all excited about a FREE trip to FL... and then when I asked Terri if it was ok to miss this week (7-15) to go console my friend who was dumped and needed a companion for her birthday trip... Terri said NO :( She told me, well I'm going on vacation that week already, and someone needs to be here to answer the phones and take questions... so I had to pass up a vacation with one of my best friends (who was in need) to work... I guess it's not so bad because we kinda need the money with Jonathan off in Vermont this week not earning money... but still a free trip to Florida :( it totally sucks I had it pass it up... plus I would have gotten to hang with Leslie... HOW MUCH FUN WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN!!!!
Alright onto more news, I'm finishing out week 2 of my full time summer job... and it's not so bad... I've completely caught up on all of the "behind work" that the former employee left me... and now when someone calls for records or information provided it's not a super complicated request I have their information in the mail or faxed to them inside of 15 minutes!!! I'm so super efficient :) he he he... (maybe even a little too super efficient sometimes...) I've seem to gotten the gist of the job down, still a few things I don't know how to do that deal with starting the new school year in august, but I'll cross that bridge in august :) he he he...
This past weekend was an interesting one... So Jonathan left on Sunday, and I already started making plans to fill my lonely week with things to do. Jen, Jenny Trish and I went to the spillway in Murphysboro... now I've never been to a spillway before, but I figured it couldn't be much different than a lake (without the beach part...) well it wasn't... once you got up to the lake part... first you had to climb a bunch of wet slipper slimy rocks... which Kristin was not warned about... so when they asked if I had water socks, I replies "no, but I've swam in a lake before the rocks at the bottom don't scare me..." no one mentioned the climb I had to make, so me in my flip flops (which I took off because they actually made it worse...) I was slipin a slidin all over the place... I did take one or two GOOD falls, and ended up jacking up my ankle... it's not really sprained (or very mildly so) but I smacked it pretty hard and there are some nice bruises all up the right side of my right calf... I can walk just fine, but if you touch my leg in the right side... it HURTS!!! I finally conceded to all my coworkers and went to the doctor yesterday, just for him to tell me what I already knew... and they replied "well it could have been worse, you didn't know, but now you KNOW that it's ok..." --> $30 and 2 hours later...
Other news... I have a dog this week!!! I get to watch my boss's dog this week while she's on vacation. Jezzy is a sweet big black dog (mutt, but I know she's part Rotweihler - sp????) She's very loving, and loves to play, and I try to hobble around after her... but she doesn't really want to play fetch but rather keep away... I throw the frizbe for her, and she brings it back to me, but doesn't give it to me, I then have to try and get it away from her, and chase her around to get it... It's not to hard usually but with a bumbed ankle I can't really run... so I have to hobble around after her, and she wins most of the time... still cute though :) She also gets VERY excited when I take her for a walk... she becomes a mexican jumping bean once she hears the tiniest clinking of the chain and leash... but I'm having fun with her, I just wish I could bring her home, but no dogs aloud in my apartment, so I hast have to go visit her everyday...
hmmm I don't know if there is much else to include today... hope all are having a good week and will continue into a good weekend :)


1 Comments:
Sorry your ankle is jacked up, but I'm glad it's not worse! Have a fun week - I hear the Sex in the City movie is a good one to see with your girlfriends...
Post a Comment
<< Home