a bit behind...
Well after being Sick, and then having the Robotics trip to St. Louis and now being Sick AGAIN... blogging has not been a top priority...
but here I am, it's the Wednesday before spring break, and I'm just sittin around brehm waiting until 1:10 when I have a student progress meeting... and then I can go home...
The Robotics trip was AWESOME... for all of you that don't know (which is probably evreyone) Brehm started a Robotics team last year and they competed in FIRST (FIRST is a nationwide - and even international - competition of highschool kids who have 6 weeks to create a robot for a specific challenge. The challege changes every year so the planning structure and functions of your robot have to change yearly too!) Last year it was a big learning experience for the kids, while we DID finish our robot and could compete (which apparently 25% of the teams each year don't finish) we placed 42 out of 45 teams... This year however, our robot was better (the task was a bit less complicated and as opposed to last year, there where multiple ways to score points this year...) we finished 19th out of 45 this year a MAJOR improvement!!!
The team is currently looking for coorporate sponsors, so if you know of any engineering firms, or anything, we could use donors other than our parents (who are VERY GENEROUS!!!) Some of the teams at the competition have NASA, Chrysler foundation, GE, Ford, and a plethera of other BIG name coorperations, which I think is kinda cool, and give us lots of hope!!! :)
Other than the trip, not much has been goin on... just trying my best to stay healthy and it doesn't seem to be workin that well... such is the problem of working at a school where kids are not always so aware of the germs they are spreading...
I'm off to find more cough drops ;)


2 Comments:
Maybe Halls or Ricola could sponsor you...
So, are you on Spring Break now? Why are you not in Chicago?
Post a Comment
<< Home