a long lonely weekend...
So This weekend was lonely... because Jonathan left for Missouri on Thursday afternoon for the Conclave event with the Forestry team... it's a college level lumberjack competition with chopping and sawing and throwing/tossing wood... tabaco spit, chain throw (which is actually not throwing a chain at all, but really having a long chain coiled up and you un-coil it and then re coil it...) and log roll, and who know what else... ANYWAY... Jonathan was gone all weekend, and me having no friends in Carbondale had a very lonely weekend...
Friday after work I had a fun adventure... I kinda got cornered into taking a kid to the st. Louis airport... I was in the office at the wrong time and Heather (the receptionist) who had been looking for someone for three days, asked a bunch of us what we were doing friday afternoon... me not knowing what I was getting my self into... was like well Jonathan's gonna be gone, so I'm free... well I was the only one so she's like "Do you wanna drive a Kid to the airport???" now for any of you that know me, you know I'm directionally challenged... so I was like, I don't think I'm the best person for the job, but she had no one else, so I was the one... So Friday comes, and we're supposed to leave at 3... the kid goes to get his stuff from his dorm, and I get the keys to a brehm car and the credit card for gas... and he's still not out side, so I go inside and he is trying to find his cell phone... Which is kinda hard when the dorm parent has it locked in his room, not the assitants lounge where he was looking with another staff member... So I call Heather and she trys to get a hold of the dorm parent, and long story short we finally get it out, but it's 3:30... we get into the car, and I've only got 1/8 of a tank... NOT NEARLY enough to get to St. Louis... so we're already late and we have to stop for gas GREAT... and of course everyone is getting off of work and the gas station is packed... so we don't leave until 3:50... and I'm already freakin out because it takes over 2 hours to get the airport, his flight is at 6:55 and now I have NO time to get lost... well I managed to make it there with out getting lost... got it right on the FIRST time!!! (i did have to do the mexican shuffle when I was all the way in the left lane and my exit was four lanes over to the right in 1/4 of a mile... AHHH) but all was good... and I guess it's not so bad because I get paid to do it... it was just a lot of stress (mostly because we left an hour late)... but I'm good to go if they ever need me to do it again :)
There was a free preview weekend with Dish though... so I got ALL the channels including all the movie channels and got to see a bunch of movies and got caught up on project Runway which was exciting but now the preview is over and I won't be able to see the final two episodes :( oh well, I'm sure at some point when I'm home I can catch it all on reruns or something....
Also to fill the weekend I did a bunch of scrap booking!!! so that's ALWAYS fun for me... It took me a while to get started on Saturday morning because I had to get all the stuff out and get into the grove... but once I finally got started I pretty much did it all day... and left all the shit out over night and continued on the next day... I got a good chunk of Allie's wedding scrap book done... and I would have gone farther, but I need pictures from her before I go on (I like to work in order with the pages because if it takes more than one page for a specific idea then I need to know if the pages fall face to face or back to back... and I can plan things out, but sometimes things don't go as planned so if I don't do it in order it makes me CRAZY!!!) So after I got to a halting point with Allie's scrap book I worked a bit on my own :) and I think I've got the end of senior year all planned out, but I need to get a couple of pictures of some people for my last few pages entitled "the people I'm gonna miss" because I don't want to reuse pictures I've already used on other pages...
Newho... that was my EXCITING weekend... and then I picked Jonathan up from campus at about 11:00, and he was tired so he took a shower and we went to bed after a bit of TV... then he had to go to campus this morning and do a bunch of work so I was alone again... (Brehm has off because it's Columbus day...) but he picked me up around 3 and I went to work out while he proctored a class for his graduate assistant advisor... and now I'm sitting in his office while he's in a meeting and then we're going home and cooking dinner. He doesn't have to work this evening so I'll get to have some much needed cuddle time with him :)
I guess for now that's all I have to say... I know it's not too exciting, but it's my life ;)


4 Comments:
Good for you not getting lost!
I've never heard a big lane change like that called the "Mexican Shuffle," that's hilarious! In Naples people did that all the time.
WOW, sounds like a super busy weekend even though you were all alone.
I'm with Trey on the "Mexican Shuffle" thing. That was too funny. I will have to tell my dad that what he does, because he sure does it a lot. I'm sure it's because of the navigator (my mom) giving directions.
Did I mention that I'm very proud of you for not getting lost? And for getting the kid to the airport despite his stupidity and the fact that it caused you to leave late? Good job!
I'm glad you got a lot of scrapbooking done. I love your scrapbooks. :-)
Love you!
Kristin did fail to mention that she called my cell phone a number of times on the way to the airport. Don't know what I was supposed to do to help her as I was in Arlington Heights, and she was on her way to St. Louis.
Perhaps I was just her moral support.
Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home