home in DP for a short while
Hello from good ol' DP!
Yesterday was a lot of driving... (Evi drove, but still a long drive). We made a few stops along the way to break up the drive...
The first was boring - about 20 minutes from my apartment - just me getting some lab work done requested by the doctor...
Then we stopped in Benton, IL - maybe another 1/2 hour along the way - to look in a few antique shops. Mom wanted to find a printers tray... which she finally did! :)
After that stop we stopped in Effingham - just over an hour from benton - for lunch... yummy TGIFridays!!! and yeah for coupons for BOGO FREE entrees!!!
Then we stopped in tuscola, IL - about another hour along the way - to go to the outlet mall. I didn't buy much, sock for jon, some black yoga pants and then Evi bought me a fun pair of brown jeans... But Evi bought lots! she got a lot of new outfits for her upcoming cruize and some bowls for the kitchen, and I forget what else...
After the outlet mall I think we made it almost 2 hours before stopping again - a little south of kankakee - for some ice cream at dairy queen. FYI the girl scout tagalong blizards are YUMMY!!! but you have to like peanut butter flavoring... b/c they not only mix in the cookies, but they mix in peanut butter sauce/fudge too... YUMMY!!!
Then because we took a different way home (too much construction on 294) We ended up near Woodfield and I wanted to stop at IKEA to pick up a side table for our living room set - well actually Jonathan wanted me to get it...)
Then gas, and dinner and then we were home... and I had a LOT to unload from the car ;)


1 Comments:
I like your avatar, especially the goose in the background. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home