I'm such a kind person (and modest too ;)
Ok, so as I've mentioned before, I'm a TA for physics 107 (it's a phyiscs by inquiry class inteneded for students who want to become teachers...) Well the class has gotten a reputation for being an "easy" class, and while I do think it is a very easy class, I'm a intelligent individual so I might be a bit bias... I think the reason so many atheletes take it is because all the tests and quizes and such are open notes... so advisors tell them that it's wasy to get a good grade... let me make it clear, that just because you have your notes doesn't mean it's easy... you have to DO THE WORK to understand the material, and on a test where you have to EXPLAIN all of your answers, you can't get by with just sort of understanding and guesssing... so for some of the atheletes, it's not such an easy class because they don't want to do the work... Then add onto the fact that we have like 5-10 athletes from the same team in one class... and then all hell breaks loose becaues who wants to work on physics when all their friends are around...
So I do feel for them because I don't want people to fail or do poorly and I think by now the football team and lacross team members in my classes have realized this is not such an easy class... so they are all asking for help, and me out of the kindness of my heart (because I don't get paid to come in extra hours to help students) have made myself available not once but twice today... I got to Younkin (the place where all the athletes study...) at 8:15am!!! to help them, and I'm coming back at 3:00!!! It's not just today either... I've come other monday and wednesday mornings too (what really got to me was last week I came both monday and wednesday and the football players that said they would come DIDN'T!!!)
Newho... So they've come and gone for the morning and now i don't have class for another 20 minutes so I thought I'de use the time to post a blog... (I think I've done quite well for not having a computer at my disposal all the time... so far I have not missed a day :)
Well as much as I hate to say it, I must go to class now... But I do have a fun filled evening to look forward to :) After studying and helping out other students I'm going rock climbing with Bryan :) and then to dinner with Angie, Patti and Bryan!!! and it should be a GOOD TIME!!! I haven't seen patti in like almost a month for various reasons so I'm excited to get to hang out with her!!!!
Well ta ta for now!!!
hope everyone has a GREAT day... with something or someone to look forward to!!!


4 Comments:
Your mother must have raised you well.
And no potty words on this post! I'm impressed! :-p
(Is hell a potty word? Maybe a swear, but not a potty word)
What's wrong with this sentence: "I'm a intelligent individual so I might be a bit bias"
I love you. :-)
I'm AN inteligent person... Leve me alone... I type quickly and sometimes I miss a letter!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home